The Future Always Comes

The Future Alway Comes

How many times did we stand in front of the
black polished marble heart
and think about
when Mack would arrive here?

And today he gets ready
for tomorrow

Tonight the moon shined ever so handsomely
framed by clouds that never existed before
until I adored them tonight

I also saw a face in the moon as I drove that
ribbon of empty highway from
Castleton to West Rutland

This earliest of projective tests still toys with us
despite our smartness
We see what we want

Isn't it a bit unsettling? The weather?
It still feels like the middle of July as I remember it
Though no lightning bugs, they visited and left in June


For those who listen and watch
there is a change all around us

I think it came to me in a dream at Kathy's
While the wind came suddenly
with a pounding rain
and whipping trees

I was confused at first

But then it became recognizable
to those who listen and watch
My dream was that it had started

You know that when you strip away all of the distractions
When you calm yourself
and empty your mind of the clutter
there is a knowing
that our journey is so far out of step
that it must end

however, we see what we want...........

The future always comes.

Comments

Great post

Popular posts from this blog

Choices For Sustainable Living

Why the era of cheap food is over

Climate Confusion: Who Wins?